Did You Know……?
I am so proud of our church family! We have such a church of servants who care more about others than themselves. Did you know that:
- dozens of our members are involved in flood relief: assessment, clean-out, meal preparation for volunteers, helping man the laundry trailer, etc.?
- $10,000 was donated to the LSC Disaster Relief Fund to be dispersed directly to members and others in need? (7 of our families lost homes.)
- we practiced hospitality for 30 volunteers from Oklahoma Disaster Relief who lodged in our classrooms this past week? More are on the way for weeks ahead.
- 10 LifeSpringers are preparing to serve in Honduras this summer?
- 7 will serve the New Day Orphanage in Zambia in May?
- we sent $2,000 to River Baptist Church in South Sudan to provide for educational needs of orphans?
- 3 adults prayed to receive Christ last week? By the way, “Who’s Your One?” Are you praying? Turn in the name on a card this Sunday so that others can join you.
- Easter outreach plans are in place to connect with more people than at any time in the history of LSC?
--Multiple Midtown canvassing efforts, and an April 14 Eggstravaganza
--Block parties on April 20 in Plattsmouth and at Freeway Ministries in Omaha
--A Pre-Easter service at 7 PM Wednesday, April 17, in the Worship Center
--An Easter morning service at the Victory Apts. for veterans
--An Easter afternoon service at the Douglas County Jail
(in addition to 3 Easter services at the south campus, there will be 2 at Midtown, plus the Lodge Church, Tregaron Chapel, and Hillcrest Mable Rose)
- children’s S.S. teachers and student/adult LifeGroup leaders put in hours of time to make disciples who will make disciples
- the church Board served for 4 hours last Monday to provide oversight for building and grounds, staffing, policies, and accountability for the Lead Pastor?
I could go on and on! Yes, the church is a volunteer organization, but more than that, it is a local body of ministers! To help out in any way with ongoing ministries, special Easter outreach events, or flood relief, fill out an online Connection Card, email, or call us. You can help us make a difference for Christ!
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does…